NEWS YOU CAN USE!!!! from Sacred Heart School
Parent/Teacher Conferences 3-7pm
November 17, 2023
at a glance…….
- 1pm Early Dismissal – Friday, November 17th (End of 1st Trimester)
- Family Mass & Arts & Crafts Fair, Sunday, November 19th
- 1pm Early Dismissal – Tuesday, November 21st Report Card Pick-up
- Parent Conferences – Tuesday, November 21st3-7pm
- Thanksgiving Celebrations with the 004th District Explorers – November 22nd 5pm
- Thanksgiving Break – November 22-24th
- Wendy’s Fundraiser Night!! – Wednesday, November 29th 5-8pm
- Breakfast with Santa – Sunday December 3rd 9am – 1pm
- Pop and water donations needed for Santa Breakfast
- Straks Receipts!!! Remember to save those receipts from Straks from Thanksgiving shopping!!!
- ALTAR SERVER SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEKEND of:
November 18th and 19th
Saturday, November 18th
4:30pm – Juan & Edgar Palma
Sunday, November 19th
8:00am – Lily Rivas & Vianney Guevara
9:30am – Declan Sanchez & Lauren Leanos
11:00am – Lucija Crnković & Maja Lončar
Family Mass – Sunday, November 19th 9:30am
Join Us for Sunday Family Mass!
Sacred Heart School Invites You
Date: Sunday, November 19
Time: 9:30 A.M. Mass
Sacred Heart Church: 2964 E 96th Street, Chicago, IL USA
Bring your family and join us for a heartwarming Sunday Family Mass with Sacred Heart School. We welcome all families, friends and community members to come together in faith and fellowship. It's a wonderful opportunity to strengthen your bond with your loved ones and deepen your spiritual connection.
- Inclusive: All families are invited!
- Community: Meet other families and build lasting connections.
- Spiritual Nourishment: Reflect and renew your faith.
- Refreshments: Join us for refreshments after Mass.
ARTS & CRAFT SHOW in school hall from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Raffles, Crafts and Food)
All students that attend Mass will receive a dress down day pass.
For more information, please contact us at:
- Phone: (773) 768-3728
- Website: www.shschool96.org
- Interested in getting involved? Sacred Heart School offers various volunteer opportunities. Must be Virtus trained. Contact us to learn how you can contribute to our vibrant community.
Arts & Crafts Fair – Sunday, November 19th9am-2pm
Come out and support local crafters and the School Parish and start your Christmas shopping early with some beautifully crafted hand made gifts!
Click here for flyer: Art's & Crafts Fair.pdf
End of the First Trimester – Report Card Pickup & Parent/Teacher Conferences Tuesday, November 21st 3-7pm
Parents/Guardians, please remember that you can always login to PowerSchool to see exactly where their grades are on any given day and if you have your students Google login info, you can see assignments there as well.
In order to receive the report card and meet with the teacher, parents/guardians must reserve a place on the link below.
Click the link to sign up for conferences:
004th District Police Youth Explorers – Thanksgiving Celebrations
Wednesday, November 22nd the Explorers Monthly meeting will also host a Thanksgiving Celebration! Please join them!!
Click here for flyer: 004th District Thanksgiving.pdf
Wendy’s Community Event – Wednesday, November 29th 5-8pm
Please invite friends and family to this easy fundraiser for our school.
All you have to do, is present the flyer attached below using your phone, or the flyer we sent home in the Thursday Folder and our school will get a percentage of every order between 5-8pm that day. It’s that easy!!!
Click here for flyer: Wendy's Flyer.pdf
Straks for Students & BoxTops
Parents/Guardians, as you shop for your families Thanksgiving meals please remember to scan the receipts in th BoxTops app and then if you shopped at Strak & Van Til please send the receipts to school so we can get credit for our school!
Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Click here for Straks flyer: STRAKS Receipts - Apples for the Students.pdf
Click here for BoxTops flyer: Box Tops - How it Works.pdf
Breakfast With Santa – Sunday, December 3rd9am-1pm
Please join us for a delicious breakfast! Raffles and Pictures with Santa!
What better way to start the Christmas season than with a beautiful family photo with Santa!
Click here for the flyer: Breakfast with Santa (1).pdf
Donations for pop & Water needed/ Dress down passes for each 24pk
Click here for the flyer: BWS - Pop n Water Donations.pdf
Parents, don’t forget to share your photos! “Things you are Grateful For" Pix!!
We are always updating our website and Facebook photos and would like you to send us some photos of your students as they complete school projects or get ready for fall! Always feel free to share at any time throughout the year!
Thank you in advance for helping to keep our website up to date and for sharing the love and joy that being a part of the Sacred Heart family brings!
Lunch volunteers needed daily!!
Please consider helping at lunch duty during the school year. Parent volunteers will supervise student lunches, help to open primary grade lunches and help to clean-up the lunch room. Your help is always appreciated! The time is from 11:00am until 12:15pm. This time is counted toward your mandatory family volunteer requirement.
Sign up to volunteer:
Remember ALL volunteers MUST be VIRTUS Trained!
Click on the link to sign up and get started with training before school starts!!